To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


How long does it take to get a library card?

Our librarian will be able to supply you with a new library card the same day you apply.

Are electronic books available?

No, not at this time.

Does the Library have "story time" for younger children?

We do offer "story time" for younger children!  Give us a call if the current schedule is not posted.

Town Hall

What hours is City Hall open?

City Hall is open from 8am - 5pm daily. We close for lunch from 1pm - 2pm.

Application Process

I am interested in applying for a job with the Town of Greenevers, what do I do?

You will need to fill out an application if available.  Please ensure you meet the qualifications for the position you wish to be considered for.  If you would like to include a resume, simply attach it to the completed application. You may mail or drop off the application at City Hall.  Interviews will be scheduled accordingly.

Does the Town of Greenevers hire part time employees?

Yes, we do hire part time employees.  Availability of these positions will be posted here when available.

Building Permits & Inspections

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to city hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

Sanitation & Recycling

When are the garbage collection days for my street?

Please refer to the monthly schedule. Remember, observed holidays will alter the normal routine.

Water & Sewer

Who is responsible for the water bill?

The bill for service is ultimately the responsibility of the applicant(s) who applied for service. As the applicant, you will be responsible for any unpaid balance left after the deposit has been applied. The Town of Greenevers will pursue all collection methods available to receive payment in full.

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

When are bills mailed out?

Water bills are mailed out around the 25th of month. They are due by the 15th of every month. If you do not recieve a water bill, please contact the office and we can give you the amount of your bill.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Is there a place I can make my payment when your office is closed?

For our customer's convenience, there is a drop box located on the side of the Town Hall (Town Hall Drive side).

What is a silent toilet leak?

Just because you don't see or hear any water doesn't mean that there isn't a leak. Your toilet can be the biggest water waster in your home, wasting up to 1,440 gallons per day, or one gallon per minute. To check for a silent toilet leak add a few drops of blue food coloring to the water in the tank, but don't flush. If coloring appears in the bowl within 30 minutes, your toilet is leaking.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

What chemicals does our utility district add to the water?

Only chemicals that are approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water.

Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.


Greenevers Wellhead Protection Program Plan

Are you in need of environmental assistance?

The Division of Environmental Assistance and Customer Service (DEACS) helps to expand the use of sustainable practices regarding waste reduction, energy efficiency, water conservation and emissions reductions. DEACS staff can assist you with many different services, including recycling and waste reduction assistance; environmental technical and permit assistance; free onsite energy and water use audits; small business advocacy; facilitation of financing and tax credits for recycling businesses; coordination of exchange markets for reusable materials; express permitting coordination, and development of sustainability plans and environmental management systems.

For general questions about the environment, regulations and other related topics, give DEACS a call at 1-877-623-6748.

New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Sign Up for Alerts" button located ……fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and click submit

Where do I go to vote?

All City elections are conducted by the Duplin County Board of Elections.  Please visit the Duplin County Board of Elections website for locations and upcoming election information.

Duplin County Board of Elections